Below is the Reference and Bibliography for the Fact Sheets
- Australian War Memorial. Available at https://www.awm.gov.au/visit/exhibitions/nurses/ww1
- Centenary of ANZAC; Tasmania Remembers. Available at http://www.centenaryofanzac.tas.gov.au/history/women_and_war/nurses
- Harris, K. Work, Work, Work: Australian Army Nurses after the First World War [online]. In: Crotty, Martin (Editor). When the Soldiers Return: November 2007 Conference Proceedings. Brisbane: University of Queensland, School of History, Philosophy, Religion and Classics, 2009: 183-193. Availability:<https://search.informit.com.au/documentSummary;dn=725598887294194;res=IELHSS> ISBN: 9781864999273
- Heywoord. A. 2002. “Australian Army Nursing Service (AANS) (1902–1948)”. The Australian Women’s Register. National Foundation for Australian Women.
- Pers Comm. R. Bennett – Army Museum of Western Australia, 2018.
- Bashford D. 1920. Helmets and Body Armor in Modern Warfare. Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- De Witt Willcox. C., & Stuart. E. R. 1915. International Military Digest Quarterly: A Quarterly Review of the Current Literature of Military Science, Volume 1. Cumulative Digest Corporation. (Vol 1, No.2 ) International Military Digest, New York.
- Fife. T. W. 2006. African-Americans in the Great War 1917-1919. Military Images, Vol. 27, No. 4, African-Americans In The Great War 1917-1919 (January/February 2006), pp. 4-46. Ronald S. Coddington Publisher.
- Hughes-Wilson. J. 2014. A History Of The First World War In 100 Objects. Hachette UK.
- Kidd. R. S. 2013. Military Uniforms in Europe 1900 – 2000 Volume One. Lulu.com.
- Lepage. J-D. G. G. 2016. The French Foreign Legion: An Illustrated History. Mc Farland.
- Piehler. G. K. 2013. Encyclopedia of Military Science. SAGE Publications.
- Tucker. S. C. 2014. World War I: The Definitive Encyclopedia and Document Collection [5 volumes]: The Definitive Encyclopedia and Document Collection. ABC-CLIO.
Tornister Backpack Refs
- Carruthers. B. 2013. Handbook on German Military Forces. Pen and Sword.
- Fisch. R. 1989. Field Equipment of the Infantry. Greenberg Publishing Company, Inc., Sykesville, MD.
- Haythornthwaite. P. J. 1994. The World War One Source Book. Arms and Armour.
- Herwig. H. H. 2014. The First World War: Germany and Austria-Hungary 1914-1918. A&C Black http://www.ir63.org/Downloads/Packing%20the%20Tornister.pdf. Accessed 20 February 2019.
- Lübbe. K. 1999. German Uniforms and Bayonets 1841-1945, Niemann Verlag, Hamburg, 1999.
- Somers. J. 2005. Imperial German Field Uniforms and Equipment 1907-1918. Schiffer Military History, Atglen, PA.
- Somers. J. 2006. Imperial German Field Uniforms and Equipment 1907-1918 : Volume I: Field Equipment, Optical Instruments, Body Armor, Mine and Chemical Warfare, Communications Equipment, Weapons, Cloth Headgear. Schiffer Publishing Ltd.
- Stone. D. 2015. The Kaiser’s Army: The German Army in World War One. Bloomsbury Publishing.
- Thomas. N. 2012. The German Army in World War I (2): 1915–17. Bloomsbury Publishing.